Link to Other MSU Web Sites
The easiest way to link one content block to another in a different area is to use the library icon (Files, Images, Hyperlinks) within the eWebEditPro editor.
Note: To link to another area content block, the content must exist in the CMS.
Office A Content Block
- Office B
- Office C
- Office D
Office B Content Block
The steps to build the link are:
- Open the "Office A" content block in eWebEditPro
- Highlight the word "Office B"
- Select the icon for "Files, Images, Hyperlinks" (looks like several books that are red, yellow and blue)
- The Ektron CMS300 Library will open showing 3 panes in the window, the right pane shows folders labeled as files, forms, hyperlinks, images and quicklinks for "Office A's library", the upper left pane shows a folder structure that can be used to navigate to other places within MSU. (Academic areas are in the colleges section and Administrative areas are in the units section.
- Use upper left pane of the Ektron CMS300 Library to navigate to "Office B's" library.
Note: The top part of the right pane identifies the area of the library which you are in. (Library Folder: "Name of Area")
- Select "quicklinks" folder of "Office B" to display a list of all the content blocks for "Office B"
- Locate the content block labeled as "Office B Home" and double click the link
- The CMS300 Library will close and the highlighted text will now appear as a link on the "Office A" page
- Once the "Office A" page is published, any visitor may use the link to access "Office B" content block details from the "Office A" page