Information Technology
MSU Collage Image

Campus Phone Service

The University provides free local telephone service for students living in Univeristy residence halls.  Students must provide their own telephone instruments.  When you arrive on campus and plug your phone into the jack, you should have dial tone.  All jacks are activated before students arrive on campus.

Any regular analog telephone should work on campus; however, due to the high concentration of users within a building cordless telephones are not recommended.

All residence halls on campus have one (1) phone jack.  Apartments such as Mays Hall and Eagle Lake Apartments have a phone jack in the living room and one in each of the bedrooms.

If you are experiencing problems with your phone services please contact the Help Desk at 783-5000.