Student Technology and Resource Specialists
Students will be hired from all disciplines with an emphasis on computer technology. Students should be reliable and able to work alone or with a group unsupervised. All positions will be listed through the MSU JobLink here:
Desired applicants should have:
- Hardware experience
- Windows VISTA, XP, NT, MSOffice experience
- Excellent customer service skills
S.T.A.R.S Application (.pdf)
S.T.A.R.S. will consist of three tiers of workers:
Call Center: Help Desk/Telephone Workers
Student Computer Techs
Workorder / MAP Techs
Front Desk Workers will:
1. Answer the main phone line and answer/direct questions to the appropriate area.
2. Computer problems - Handle problems that can be corrected in 10 minutes or less
3. Voicemail problems - Gather information for Voicemail moves, builds, deletions, and password changes
4. Cable TV problems - Instruct students on how to program televisions for Eagle Video channels
5. Web PIN instruction - Help students with initialization and navigation of MSU WEB Pin / MSU Website
6. Enter Work orders and login computers for repair
Student Computer Tech responsibilities will include completing Work orders on student computers and successful documentation of work.
Work order / MAP Tech responsibilities will include helping complete Faculty/Staff work orders and MAP installs.