ABOUT THE THETA PI CHAPTER
In its nearly half-century of existence Theta Pi has an outstanding history of providing service to music. The Theta Pi Chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was chartered at Morehead State College (now Morehead State university) on May 24, 1959. Dr. J. Eugene Duncan, then Chair of the Morehead State University Department of Music, was Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia's National President from 1970-1973. On April 4, 2003, The Theta Pi Chapter initiated its largest probationary class in its exisitence since 1959, by intitating 23 young men.
In addition to hosting and sponsoring the annual Contemporary Music Festival at Morehead State University, the Theta Pi Chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia is active in the following projects: providing assistance and equipment for the Blue & Gold Festival & Championship of Marching Bands; providing assistance for the MSU Concert Band Clinic; providing recital stage crews; providing assistance with all District 8 Kentucky Music Educators Association events hosted at Morehead State University; local highway clean-up; and Mills Music Missions at local nursing homes and hospitals.
"Once a Sinfonian, Always a Sinfonian"