Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE) is a global non-profit organization active in over 40 countries and territories. SIFE is funded by financial contributions from corporations, entrepreneurs, foundations, government agencies and individuals. Working in partnership with business and higher education, SIFE establishes student teams on university campuses. These teams are led by faculty advisors and they are challenged to develop community outreach projects that empower people in need by applying business/economic concepts and an entrepreneurial approach to improving their quality of life and standard of living.
Doing Well By Doing Good: Business Leaders, Student Leaders, and Academic Leaders
This may sound heavy, but relax. Each individual team chooses their projects in an effort to help create economic opportunity for others. That is what our core purpose is about. As an individual team there is a lot more to us than that, such as being part of caring a group. We do things together not only to accomplish core goals but to have fun, make friends, and create.
COMPETITION: SIFE Team members leverage their personal educational experiences, the expertise of their faculty advisors, the support of their local business advisory boards and the resources of their institutions to implement programs that create real economic opportunities for members of their communities. The effectiveness of their programs judged at competition. Each national SIFE organization conducts a national competition, which is judged by leaders from its business community. At competition, SIFE Teams present the results of their educational outreach projects and compete to determine which team was most successful at creating economic opportunity for others (People, Profit, Planet). Competitions: Regional, National, World Cup.
OPPORTUNITIES for STUDENTS:
Change the World
• Impact the lives of people in your community
• Work together with more than 1,400 active SIFE teams in 39 other countries
• Be apart of something bigger than yourself
Real World Learning Experience
• Take what you are learning in the classroom and educate others
• Develop leadership, time management, project management and communication skills (Important for ALL majors)
• Implementing projects gives you actual work experience
Jumpstart Your Career
• SIFE Partner Companies support SIFE and have a desire to recruit you
• Meet and network with top companies at SIFE Career and Opportunity Fairs
• Find a career not just a job
Be Part of a Team and Compete for a World Championship
• Everything you do will be as a team
• Meet new people from different majors and make new friends
• Starting at the Regional level you are competing to be named SIFE World Cup Champions