2011 - 2012 Build a Bed News
MSUCorps Build-A-Bed Project
(You Tube Video)
Find MSUCorps and Build-A-Bed photos/updates on Facebook
Morehead State University Build-A-Bed Partners
- Center for Adult Education and College Access
- Campus Compact VISTA members
- Center for Regional Engagement
- Educational Talent Search
- Gateway Homelss Shelter
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Programs (RSVP)
- Rowan County P.V.A., Carmen Eldridge Black
What is Build-A-Bed?
Build-A-Bed targets children in Kentucky that are living in homes with not enough beds, or none at all.
- The mission is to ensure that K-12 Eastern Kentucky children are guaranteed a proper place to sleep in their home.
- Each recipient is given a twin sized bed and mattress. additionally each recipient receives set of sheets, a blanket or quilt, a hygiene kit, books, night-light or alarm clock, teddy bear.
For the 2012 - 2013 Build-A-Bed project we plan to build 75 beds for the children in the counties we serve. Counties eligible include the following: Bath, Bourbon, Boyd, Bracken, Breathitt, Carter, Clark, Elliott, Fleming, Floyd, Greenup, Harrison, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Lee, Letcher, Lewis, Magoffin, Martin, Mason, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Pike, Powell, Robertson, Rowan, and Wolfe.
Kentucky Build-A-Bed was founded in 2009 with a distribution of 58 beds. In 2010 the project went state wide and provided over 500 beds to K-12 Kentucky Children.
Build-A-Bed events will be happening across the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Information and details about the statewide Build a Bed effort can be found on the Kentucky Build-A-Bed FaceBook page states. .
- The 2011 -2012 MSU Build a Bed program provided 57 beds and bed-time bags to the K-12 children in 7 counties.
- The 2010-2011 MSU Build a Bed program provided 75 beds and bed-time bags to the K-12 children in 12 counties.
To access the application form, sponsorship/donor forms, and other information
about the MSU Build-A-Bed Project follow the links below.
Sponsors (Monetary and In-Kind)
In recognition of our donors. We could not execute the Build-a-Bed project without their generous contributions.
There are two ways to complete the forms below. You can click on the link, type the requested info, print then mail or fax. You can print the form, hand write the information then mail or fax.
No current volunteer information is available for the 2013 Build-A-Bed project. Please check back for volunteer opportunities with respect to Build-A-Bed.
If you are interested in other volunteer opportunities contact the Center for Regional Engagement, MSUCorps, or RSVP.