Morehead State University Standing & Advisory Committee Descriptions
Termination Date: Standing Committee, last revision February 2000.
Purpose: To review, at the University level, faculty credentials applicable to the awarding of tenure according to PAc-27.
Membership: Voting membership of the committee shall consist of two tenured full-time faculty members from each college and one at large tenured faculty member selected by the Faculty Senate. Membership shall include both males and females. Two representatives from the same academic department shall not serve at any one time. Term of service shall be three years with one-third being replaced each year. A member may not hold successive terms. No person shall serve on the University Promotion, Tenure, or Faculty Rights and Responsibilities Committees at the same time, or on the Department, College, and University Tenure Committees at the same time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To conduct the University-level faculty review of the portfolios of candidates for tenure.
- To review the University's tenure policy (PAc-27) and to recommend changes as appropriate.
- To evaluate and recommend appropriate service time toward tenure for prospective tenure applicants.
- To annually hold informational meetings regarding tenure policies and procedures for new faculty and prospective tenure applicants.
- The committee shall operate in accordance with procedures outlined in PAc-27.
Officers: A Chair, a Chair-Elect, and a Secretary to be selected by the committee from the membership.
Frequency of Meetings: As required. Tenure review at the University level is normally conducted in the Fall semester.
Reporting Channels: Recommendatory to the Provost.
Minutes & Proposals Copied to: The Library, Faculty Senate, Student Government Association, and Staff Congress. (Published minutes should protect the confidentiality of faculty.)
Support Services: Office of the Provost.
[home] [membership] [description]