Morehead State University Standing & Advisory Committee Descriptions
Termination Date: Standing Committee, established June 1990, last revision March 7, 2002.
Purpose: To promote a quality physical environment for University students, faculty, and staff and promote the University recycling efforts.
Membership: Voting membership of the committee shall consist of a representative from Substance-Abuse and Student Wellness, and Community Services, appointed by the appropriate Vice President; the Director of Support Services; the Director of the Wellness Center, four staff members selected by the Staff Congress (one must be from the secretarial/clerical category); the Recycling/Energy Conservation Manager; one student selected by the Student Government Association; and one faculty from each college selected by the Faculty Senate (At least one faculty member shall be a Faculty Senator, but Faculty Senators should not hold a majority of faculty membership on the committee.). The Chair's of Nursing; Imaging Sciences; Agricultural Sciences; Health, Wellness and Human Performance; and Biology and Chemistry shall serve as ex-officio non-voting members. Terms of service shall be for one year for students and two years with staggered terms for faculty and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To disseminate information to the University about environmental issues with the purpose of upgrading knowledge about the environment.
- To evaluate information about environmental issues and make recommendations for programs, services, operations, etc., that would improve environmental conditions and responsibility (or stewardship) across the University and promote the University recycling efforts.
- To make recommendations concerning and to promote physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, environmental, and occupational health for all members of the university community.
- To develop a phase-by-phase wellness program for the campus, including programs and activities for faculty, staff, and students.
- To monitor institutional compliance with appropriate environmental regulations and procedures.
- To promote a cleaner, safer environment for all University citizens.
- To study and promote more efficient uses of energy and natural resources.
Officers: Chair; a Vice Chair and a Secretary to be selected by the committee from the membership.
Frequency of Meetings: Monthly.
Reporting Channels: Recommendatory to the President through the Vice President for Administration and Fiscal Services. Recommended changes in policies and procedures shall be reported to the Faculty Senate and Staff Congress.
Minutes & Proposals Copied to: The Library University Archives, Faculty Senate, Student Government Association, and Staff Congress.
Support Services: Office of the Vice President for Administration and Fiscal Services and Office of Human Resources.
[home] [membership] [description]