Morehead State University Standing & Advisory Committee Descriptions
STUDENT LIFE COMMITTEE
Termination Date: Standing Committee, last revision April 1994.
Purpose: To review and recommend policies and other non curricular proposals relating to student life.
Membership: Voting membership of the committee shall consist of the President of the Student Government Association, one faculty member from each college selected by the Faculty Senate (At least one faculty member shall be a Faculty Senator, but Faculty Senators should not hold a majority of faculty membership on the committee.), two professional non faculty staff selected by the Staff Congress, four students selected by the Student Government Association. Nonvoting members shall be the Dean of Students, the Director of Student Activities, the Director of Student Development, and the Director of Financial Aid. Term of service shall be two years for faculty and staff with one half being replaced each year and one year for students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To review and recommend policies and other non curricular proposals relating to student life, including but not limited to the following:
- the Student Conduct Code,
- student organizations,
- student housing,
- student health and counseling service,
- student financial assistance,
- student recreation and entertainment,
- campus dining services.
- To review activity reports of the Offices of Student Activities, Student Development, and Student Services once each semester.
- To provide advice on matters related to the quality of life for residence and non resident students.
Officers: A Chair, a Vice Chair, and a Secretary to be selected by the committee from the membership.
Frequency of Meetings: Minimum of once a semester.
Reporting Channels: Recommendatory to the Vice President for Student Life.
Minutes and Proposals Copied to: The Library, Faculty Senate, Student Government Association, and Staff Congress.
Support Services: Office of the Dean of Students.
[home] [membership] [description]