Morehead State University Standing & Advisory Committee Descriptions
RESEARCH AND CREATIVE PRODUCTIONS COMMITTEE
Termination Date: Standing Committee, last revision April 1994.
Purpose: To promote quality University research and creative productions.
Membership: Voting membership of the committee shall consist of two faculty members from each college and a professional librarian selected by the Faculty Senate (At least one faculty member shall be a Faculty Senator, but Faculty Senators should not hold a majority of faculty membership on the committee.), and the Director of Research, Grants and Contracts. Up to four graduate student members may be appointed annually by the Dean of Graduate and Extended Campus Programs as nonvoting observers. Faculty members and the librarian shall serve a two year non-successive term with one member of each college being replaced each year. Members of the Committee are not eligible to receive funding for research and creative production proposals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To promote quality research and creative productions.
- To encourage and evaluate grant proposals and make recommendations regarding internal funding for research and creative productions.
- To prepare the annual report of research and creative productions.
- When assigned, to hose the annual Research and Creative Productions Scholars Luncheon.
- To solicit and review nominations of faculty for the Distinguished Research Award and the Creative Production Award and to recommend the recipient.
Frequency of Meetings: Biweekly.
Officers: Chair - Director of Research, Grants, and Contracts who shall vote only in case of a tie; a Vice Chair and a Secretary to be selected by the committee from the membership.
Reporting Channels: Recommendatory to the Provost.
Minutes and Proposals Copied to: The Library, Faculty Senate, Student Government Association, and Staff Congress.
Support Services: Office of Research, Grants and Contracts.
[home] [membership] [description]