Morehead State University Standing & Advisory Committee Descriptions
CAMPUS ENVIRONMENT TEAM/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION COMMITTEE
Termination Date: last revision July 2001.
Purpose: The committee responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: reviewing and making recommendations about policies, and issues related to affirmative action/diversity at Morehead State University.
Membership: Membership on the committee shall consist of two faculty members, four staff members, two students, two presidential appointments (one of whom shall be designated as chair), a Multicultural Student Services staff member, and the Affirmative Action Officer (ex-officio.
The composition of the committee must include at least two members from a protected class group, such as race, ethnicity, age, veteran status, etc., and the gender representation from each group must be at least 50 percent female. The Office of Affirmative Action will provide administrative support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To make recommendation concerning policies, procedures, implementation of the University’s Affirmative Action Plan and the Kentucky Plan for Equal Opportunities.
- To assist the Affirmative Action Officer in identifying areas of concern regarding affirmative action, recruitment and retention of faculty, staff and students and the campus climate.
- To constitute, when necessary, an Affirmative Action Grievance Committee panel pursuant to PG_5 (Attachment 1) to review investigation findings of the Affirmative Action Officer regarding affirmative action, recruitment and retention of faculty, staff and students and campus climate complaints.
- To constitute, when necessary, an Affirmative Action Grievance Committee pursuant to PG_6 (Attachment 2) to review investigation findings of the Affirmative Action Officer regarding claims of sexual harassment by faculty, staff and students.
- To implement strategies to educate the University community concerning affirmative action, discrimination, and sexual harassment and campus climate issues.
Officers: Chair - One of the Presidential appointees shall serve as chair; a Vice Chair and a Secretary to be selected by the committee from the membership.
Frequency of Meetings: Minimum of once quarterly.
Reporting Channels: Recommendatory to the President. Recommended changes in policies and procedures shall be reported to the Faculty Senate and Staff Congress.
Minutes & Proposals Copied to: The Library, Faculty Senate, Student Government Association, and Staff Congress. (Published minutes should protect the confidentiality of employees and students.)
Support Services: Office of Human Resources.