Establishing or Changing Telephone or Data Services
When new telecommunication services or changes to existing services are needed, the campus community should contact the OIT Help Desk at 783-5000 to facilitate the changes. Once the types of services have been determined someone from Information Technology will contact you concerning the cost of your request and the procedures to follow.
Costs to Install:
- A single line basic telephone instrument (ITE-4) where an outlet exists - $100
- A multi-line speaker phone (ITE-12S) where an outlet exists - $200
- A multi-line speaker phone with caller ID (ITE-12SD) where an outlet exists - $300
- An analog line for facsimile machine or modem - $150
- Installation of a new communication outlet to accommodate voice or data - $350
If multiple items are required the above costs are additive in nature. These costs represent a reimbursement of expenses incurred in purchasing and maintaining the requested equipment, and are subject to change as equipment supply costs change.
To initiate the installation of requested services an On-Campus Transaction form must be forwarded to the Office of Information Technology (110 Ginger Hall). Once the appropriate forms have been received your request will be processed.