1. New protocol forms are on the IACUC website.
2. All PI’s/instructors who submit a protocol must complete online CITI training: Working with the IACUC and species appropriate modules, and submit documentation of completion with your protocol. You will only need to complete the training one time.
3. New procedure for IACUC protocols:
a. Submit one hard copy, complete with signatures, as before. Also submit one copy of any required permits, tetanus vaccinations, CITI training documentation.
b. Submit protocol electronically via Blackboard. Janet Skidmore has set up access to the IACUC submission site for those that have recently submitted protocols. This should appear on your Blackboard site. If not (and assuming you want to submit IACUC protocols), please contact her. To submit, once you are in Blackboard and have clicked on the IACUC “class,” do the following:
1. Click on “Submit Protocols” at left
2. Click any one of the three “View/Complete Assignment...” listings. Multiple listings are for submitting multiple protocols (either new or renewals).
3. Attach your protocol and click “submit”
Note that you cannot edit your protocol once it has been submitted. If you need to send a revised version, submit it as a new protocol and notify Janet to disregard the first version.
Please feel free to contact Janet Skidmore or your departmental representative if you have a question.