Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Principal investigators/researchers planning to involve animals in research, teaching, or test must:
1. Complete CITI Training: Working with the IACUC and species appropriate modules.
2. Submit one original signed protocol (include all applicable items - tetanus immunization, permits, CITI training certification, etc.) to 901 Ginger Hall, no later than 4:00 p.m. on the due date to provide sufficient time for review.
3. Upload protocol to Blackboard no later than 4:00 p.m. on the due date to provide sufficient time for review. Instructions for Blackboard are available on the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs website.
THE 2012-2013 IACUC PROTOCOL DUE DATES FOR PROTOCOL APPLICATIONS, RENEWALS/REVISIONS, OR MULTI-YEAR CONTINUATION PROTOCOLS ARE LISTED BELOW.
APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE AT: http://www2.moreheadstate.edu/iacuc/
Principal investigators/researchers can expect a review response from the IACUC within four to six weeks from the date of the protocol submission.
No animals shall be involved in research, teaching, or testing without an approved protocol by the IACUC.
Reminders:1. Contact the Attending Veterinarian prior to submission of the protocol to discuss the animal procedures
2. Attach copies of CITI Training for Principal Investigators
3. Attach copies of permits (if applicable)
4. Attach copies of immunization records for Principal Investigators and anyone included on the AP Form
5. Attach copies of radiation safety documents (if applicable)
6. Current vita (update every three years )
September 4, 2012
- IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL TO THE RESEARCH AND CREATIVE PRODUCTIONS COMMITTEE FOR A FALL GRANT THAT REQUIRES IACUC APPROVAL, THE PROTOCOL MUST BE SUBMITTED BY SEPTEMBER 4, 2012.
Protocols received after September 4 will be reviewed at the October meeting.
October 1, 2012
- IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL TO THE RESEARCH AND CREATIVE PRODUCTIONS COMMITTEE FOR A SUMMER FELLOWSHIP THAT REQUIRES IACUC APPROVAL, THE PROTOCOL MUST BE SUBMITTED BY OCTOBER 1, 2012.
November 5, 2012
Protocols received after October 1 will be reviewed at the November meeting.
Protocols received after November 5 will be reviewed at the February meeting.
February 4, 2013
Protocols received after February 4 will be reviewed at the March meeting.
March 4, 2013
Protocols received after March 4 will be reviewed at the April meeting.
April 1, 2013
Protocols received after April will be reviewed at the September meeting.