Secretary Specialist (Information Technology)
Primary responsibility of the Secretary Specialist is operation of the front desk and switchboard, assist the Assistant Vice President for Technology with routine clerical and administrative tasks such as payroll, paying invoices, preparing travel requests, correspondence, hiring and supervision of students, answering the main telephone number & switchboard number, operating office machines, routine record keeping, and greeting visitors. Job responsibilities of the Secretary Specialist are heavily oriented to the use of personal computers and related office software applications and require a high degree of computer and general technology literacy. Under limited supervision, the Secretary Specialist must anticipate unique tasks arising during the normal course of business and react accordingly. This position requires well-developed communication skills and must interact effectively with faculty, staff, and students on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine office duties.
- Provides support services to the Assistant Vice President for Technology.
- Assists Assistant Vice President for Technology with various administrative tasks.
- Tracks and prepares reports on department credit card activity.
- Hires and supervised student workers to assist with the front desk and switchboard.
- Answers telephone and directs calls to the proper individual or takes accurate phone messages.
- Opens mail, greets, and directs faculty, students, staff, and the public as needed.
- Maintains office and personnel files and updates records.
- Operates office equipment such as microcomputers, typewriter, calculator, and fax machine.
- Processes travel requests, travel vouchers, and check requests as needed for Directors and IT staff.
- Develop and maintains forms used in the OIT.
- Prepares professional student work-study student payroll and submits electronically.
- Dispenses student payroll checks.
- Electronically submits payroll information for OIT staff.
- Maintains credit card purchase records for OIT.
- Prepares exception reports for vacation /sick leave and submits electronically.
- Duplicating, collating, and distributing of various office reports and correspondence.
- Operation of the switchboard and front desk.
- Maintains inventory of office forms and supplies.
- Generates and distributes reports as requested by the Assistant Vice President for Technology.
- Maintains confidentiality of documents related to personnel actions.
- Schedules meetings for standing and ad hoc committees.
- Oversees scheduling and upkeep of OIT conference room.
- Creates and distributes documents as necessary to communicate information to campus community on topics of importance related to OIT issues, initiatives, or projects.
Oversees scheduling and upkeep of OIT conference room.
Assists with committee related activities when requested.
Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Secretary Specialist reports to the Assistant Vice President for Technology and works closely with the other staff members within Information Technology. The Secretary Specialist will work closely with both Information Technology and Computer Center staff in maintaining an efficiently running office environment. This position interacts with University faculty, staff, students, and the public.
High School Diploma or GED and three years related experience. Must be proficient in oral and written communications, exercise good judgment, must accept responsibility, and perform duties in an atmosphere of team-like cooperation. Excellent keyboarding and computer skills are required. Must have the ability to interact well with the general public and campus community. Must be proficient in the use of word processing.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
Experience with electronic spreadsheets. Experience in an academic setting. Experience with the preparation of newsletters for publication Associates degree highly desirable.
Working Conditions and Atmosphere
The position is located in the Office of Information Technology. A standard office environment is maintained. Atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation. Some overtime may be required. Some pressure may be expected on the job due to shortened timelines and the level of customer support provided.
Date Approved/Revised: March 26, 2010