Secretary (UK PA Program)
The Secretary for the UK/PA Program at Morehead State University primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Typing and filing as required, assisting in room reservations and scheduling of appointments and administrative office support. He/she will provide office assistance to the Associate Director of the PA Program and other faculty/staff as assigned. The Secretary to the UK/PA Program will assist in budget organization and control, aid in ordering and reconciliation. He/she is responsible for some data entry, confidentiality of grade records and compilation of some forms and reports as asked by the Site Director or other faculty/staff. He/she will attend training as required for both MSU and UK and complete all projects in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the UK/PA Site Director and other faculty staff by assisting in budget reconciliation and supply orders.
- Develops drafts of letters, technical and confidential reports and correspondence and other confidential documents.
- Collects, compiles, and prepares materials for the Associate Director concerning office budgeting, statistical data or specialized data upon request.
- Gathers and prepares information to requisition materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Gathers and compiles information for reporting purposes.
- Expedites communication through the frequent use of facsimile, electronic message capabilities, express mailing, and telephone.
- Interprets policies, rules, and regulations in response to inquiries from others frequently dealing with issues and information of a confidential nature.
- Screens calls, visitors and mail.
- Assists in preparation for all exams and handouts as required per each semester.
- Maintains functional knowledge and skills related to computer systems and programs needed to conduct office affairs.
- Assists in preparation, organization and implementation of perspective student interviews.
- Orders required course text books for students and faculty.
- Maintains appointment calendars
- Prepares travel requests and vouchers for the program.
- Opens classrooms for students using Distance Learning and the TANDBERG system
The UK PA Program Secretary reports to the Associate Director of the PA Program and has daily interaction with students, faculty, and other staff members.
A GED or High School Diploma and one year of experience or the equivalent is required. Must be proficient in oral and written communications, possess decision-making skills, exercise good judgment, and must accept responsibility and perform duties in an atmosphere of team-like cooperation. Must have experience with MS Word, Excel software applications and be willing to learn graphics.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
Associate Degree preferred. Additional experience in an academic setting or similar field preferred. Knowledge of medical field, health care settings and medical terminology would be helpful.
Working Conditions and Atmosphere
Routine office environment with frequent interruptions by students, faculty, and telephone callers.