Web Marketing Director
The Web Marketing Director coordinates the online delivery of the University’s marketing message through Web and other internet-based technologies. He/she will assist in development and maintenance of the official University Web site and facilitate the distribution of news on the Web site and other electronic media. The Web Marketing Director will monitor the University Web site for compliance with ADA and other regulatory guidelines and will collaborate with colleagues to achieve the institution's marketing objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves marketing objectives by maintaining editorial content of the University Web site, ensuring accuracy and consistency of information and design both within and outside the unit
- Writes and edits material for the Web site and other online communications, ensuring that the content is accurate and dynamic.
- Effectively writes Web headlines, exclusive online features, and other related material.
- Develops and maintains an online news site for the University. Prepares graphics and images for display on the Web site as necessary.
- Responsible for knowledge of and compliance with ADA and other state and federal guidelines related to Web communications.
- Collaborates with the Director of University Marketing and the Creative Director to coordinate the integration of print and electronic media.
- Manages the feedback received regarding online communications, ensuring questions are answered by appropriate staff and suggestions are acknowledged.
- Assists administrators and others in the planning and coordination of electronic communications.
- Monitors trends in Web communications and incorporates information into design.
- Serves on standing, advisory and ad hoc committees of the University as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Web Marketing Director reports to the Assistant Vice President for Communications & Marketing and works collaboratively with the Web Content Architect, Creative Director, and other Communications & Marketing Staff. He/she works closely with the Media Relations Director. The position also involves extensive contact with administrators, faculty and staff members across the University.
A bachelor's degree in journalism, English or related field with minimum of two years of experience in designing Web pages, desktop publishing and proofreading/copy-editing, preferably in a higher education setting. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy is required.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
Experience in Web development, including working knowledge of Dreamweaver, FrontPage, Photoshop, Fireworks, Cold Fusion, or related software. Demonstrated success in a team-oriented working environment. Familiarity with higher education Web sites. Experience in creating and distributing news releases desired. Prior experience with content managements, news writing/editing, higher education Web publishing.
Working Conditions and Atmosphere
Routine office environment including contact with visitors, students, faculty and staff and heavy reliance on e-mail communications. Some evening and weekend hours periodically required for special events and to meet project deadlines. Some travel involved. He/she will work with a team of marketing specialists in a results-oriented environment.
Date Approved/Revised: October 20, 2008