West Mignon Hall
Information: West Mignon will be closed for renovation Fall 2012 and Spring 2013
Residents: Upper-class Coed
Type of Room: Four-person suites
Building Type: Bath facilities in each suite
Opened in the fall of 1964, West Mignon Hall was the first building of the Mignon Complex to be completed. The Mignon Complex (composed of 4 residence halls) is named in honor of Mignon Doran, founder of MSU's Personal Development Institute and wife of Morehead State University's 7th President, Adron Doran. The four-story, air- conditioned hall is a four-person suite, private bath facility housing 196 coed residents. All floors are accessible from the elevator located in the main lobby. A Living/Learning Center and cooking facility (range top stove and microwave oven) is located on the first floor of the hall. Each room is furnished with window blinds, beds, study desks and chairs, closets, bulletin boards, book shelves with lighting underneath, mirrors with lights over the top, a multi-purpose table and chairs, telephone jack with local service (students will need to provide an analog telephone), TV jack (students will need to provide TV coax cable), and a data port connection.
• Study Room Size: 10' " X 16' 8"
• Bedroom Size: 10'7" X 16'8"
• Window Size: 63" x 34" (Mini blinds are provided)
• Bed Size: Twin bed with a 36" x 80" mattress
• Ethernet computer connection to the university's mainframe with Internet connection. Requires a NIC card and UTP cable. (10 foot cable recommended)
• New sprinkler system
• Self-regulating heating units
• Smoke detectors
• Lobby Area
• Laundry room with coin/Smart card operated washers and dryers
• Vending area
• Living Learning Center
• Individual student mail boxes
• House phone to allow guests and visitors to call residents in their room
• Eagle Video Network -66 Total Cable Channels