Mays Hall Apartment
Occupancy: 47 units
Mays Hall is an apartment facility accommodating a variety of housing arrangements. Built in 1938 as a traditional double occupancy residence hall, with community restrooms, the facility was renovated in 1990 and now contains studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. First named East Men's Hall, the facility was renamed Mays Hall in the 1960's honoring Jess T. Mays, who taught industrial arts at the university for three decades.
Apartment units are furnished with a refrigerator, microwave oven, sink, stove-top range, kitchen table and chairs, twin beds, chest of drawers, study desk and chair, couch, basic TV cable connection (students must supply the cable), and telephone jack with local service (students will need to provide an analog telephone). All amenities and utilities are included in the apartment rate.
Apartment residents may connect to the university's computer mainframe and Internet services via a network interface card (NIC) at no additional cost. Residents will need an Ethernet NIC with a UTP connection (either 10mbps or 10/100mbps) that supports a "Plug and Play" hardware configuration standard and a UTP cable to connect the card to the wall jack. A 10 or 12 foot cable is recommended. Students may also purchase a hub, which will allow multiple connections to the wall jack. Residents may also subscribe to the university's extended cable and movie channels for an additional fee.
• Ethernet computer connection to the university's mainframe with Internet connection.
Requires a NIC card and UTP cable. (10 foot cable recommended)
• New sprinkler system
• Self-regulating heating units
• Smoke detectors
• Lobby Area
• Laundry room with coin/Smart card operated washers and dryers
• Vending area
• Living Learning Center
• Individual student mail boxes
• House phone to allow guests and visitors to call residents in their room
• Eagle Video Network - 27 basic channels free. Extended tier and movie channels are available at an additional charge per room