Faculty Senate Minutes
January 15, 2009
Call to Order:
Call to order: 4:15 pm; ADUC.
Senators Absent: Lesia Lennex, Bruno Morra, Nathan Nabb, Gilbert Remillard
Visitors: Yvonne Baldwin, Joy Gritton, Tim Simpson
Minutes: Senator Neeper moved to approve the minutes of December 4, 2008 as submitted. Senator Stanley seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Academic Policies: No Report
Communications: No Report
Evaluation: No Report
Fiscal Affairs: No Report
Governance: Will present one committee appointment for approval
Professional Policies: No Report
· Senators were provided with draft copies of the Student Learner Outcomes for the Morehead State University General Education Program and a Proposed Draft of General Education Schedule. Tim Simpson provided background information on the development of the Student Learner Outcomes. The members discussed the Student Learner Outcomes and provided suggestions for revisions and additions to the document. Tim Simpson asked the members to provide their suggestions for rewording to him via email and to complete the survey online regarding four models for courses for students. Chair Thomas asked the members to encourage their colleagues to review and comment on the Student Learner Outcomes.
· Joy Gritton provided information on the development of the Proposed General Education Schedule and asked the Senators to review the schedule.
· Charles Patrick presented the Provost’s report. The Provost has received all the feedback from the academic audit and will submit an audit response to the President’s Cabinet in February. The members discussed the process that the academic audit and faculty feedback has taken. Charles Patrick suggested if members have questions that they send them to the Provost via email.
· Charles Patrick asked the Senators to consider volunteering for a SACS committee and to talk with their colleagues about volunteering.
· The Board of Regents will have a workshop the last week of February on the process of Presidential evaluation.
· The Board of Regents work session is February 19th. Regent Morrison encouraged the members to attend the Boards’ work session if they have questions or comments regarding the academic audit.
· The committee recommended Ed Reeves replace Ric Caric (who is on sabbatical) on the Faculty Rights and Responsibilities Committee for one semester – Spring 2009. Recommendation passed.
Adjournment: 5:30 pm