January 18, 2001
Call to Order
4:21 pm; Riggle Room; ADUC.
Gerd Fricke, Joy Gritton, Jayne Hudson, Steve Hunt, Dennis Karwatka, James Knoll, Ricky Little, Randall McCoy, Deborah Plum, and John Secor.
Approved with corrections.
Chair announced that a donation from the Faculty Senate had been sent to the Colleen McCormick Scholarship Fund. The Senate will adjourn at 5:30 pm today to allow members the opportunity to attend the Colleen McCormick memorial service being held at 6:00 pm in the Academic Athletic Complex.
Chair Elect Report
Faculty Regent's Report
Pac-30: Performance-Based Compensation Plan for Faculty was presented for a second reading. Pac-30 passed unanimously.
Pac-27: Tenure Review was presented for a second reading and debate. The following motions were made:
- Senator Cain moved to delete line 336 on page 7. Motion seconded and passed.
- Vice President Moore made the following friendly motion: Add ‘work in progress' as new number four on page 8. And to additionally add ‘work in progress' to all appropriate places. Accepted.
- Vice President Moore made the following as friendly motion: delete line 429 on page 9. Not accepted.
- Senator Tuerk made the following motion: delete line 429 on page 9. Motion seconded and passed.
- Senator Buck made the following motion: that a description of the university tenure committee be added to the Pac by the Professional Polices Committee. Motion seconded. Senator Patrick made the following friendly amendment to senator Buck's motion: on line 503 strike department and put tenure committee and then description. Friendly amendment accepted by Senator Buck. Motion failed.
- Senator Eacker made the following friendly amendment: replace ‘will' with ‘must' in line 506. Accepted.
- Senator Buck made the following friendly amendment: replace ‘must' in line 506 with ‘shall'. Not accepted.
- Senator Buck made the following motion: on line 506 replace the word ‘must' with ‘shall'. Seconded and passed.
- Senator Fricke made the following motion: on line 506 change the word ‘shall' to ‘should'. Seconded and failed.