Faculty Senate Minutes
January 18, 2007
Call to Order:
Call to order: 4:10 pm; Riggle Room; ADUC.
Senators Absent: Glenn Colburn, Cynthia Faulkner, Greg Wing
Chair Lindell welcomed new Senators: Victor Ballestero, Michael Fultz, and Hilary Iwu
Minutes: Senator Breschel moved to approve the minutes of December 5, 2006, as submitted. Senator Jerde seconded the motion. Motion passed. Senator Neeper moved to approve the minutes of December 7, 2006, as submitted. Senator Breschel seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Initiatives ongoing across campus:
- Faculty Compensation Ad-Hoc Committee is reviewing salary data of benchmark universities and how equity funds were distributed last year. The Fiscal Affairs Committee will provide the Senate with the information gathered by the Faculty Compensation Ad-Hoc Committee.
- Three committees reviewing scheduling are:
- Summer and alternate scheduling chaired by Dr. Moore
- Issue of Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Tuesday, Thursday scheduling chaired by Yvonne Baldwin
- Student success (reading day) chaired by Calvin Lindell
Reports from these three committees will be forwarded to the Academic Affairs Committee of the Senate.
- Report has been sent to CPE outlining the infrastructure which would allow Morehead State University to accomplish Stewardship of Place. The report will be available on campus for review.
- Orientation course for new faculty is being developed by Dr. Larry Albert and Dr. Charles Patrick.
- Coalition of Senate and Faculty Leadership will meet on February 3, 2007. Allyson Handley, Senior Advisor for Economic Initiatives at CPE and Sherri Noxel, Director, Academic Assessment, CPE will be reporting on the Developmental Education Task Force, Regional Stewardship Program, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Taskforce. If there is sufficient interest on campus, an ITV hookup can be arranged.
- Board of Regents will meet for a work session on February 8, 2007.
- Board of Regents regular meeting will be March 8, 2007.
Senator Jerde reported that the Provost search is on schedule with the original timeline set forth.
Academic Policies: No Report
Communication: No Report
Evaluation: No Report
Fiscal Affairs: No Report
Governance: No Report
- A faculty forum was held during Finals Week of the fall semester for discussion of tenure and promotion. Two additional forums will be held on February 6th and 7th at 4:30 p.m. As soon as a location is determined a notification will be sent to faculty.
Adjournment: 4:25 pm.