Meal Membership (Selections/Changes)
Mandatory Meal/Dining Policy - Who is required to participate?
MEAL PLAN SELECTIONS FOR FALL 2013
It's time to select meal plans and BeakerBUCKs for the fall 2013 semester. For fall terms a new meal plan order must be submitted, meal plan selections do not role from spring to fall semesters. Meal plan charges will be applied to student bills for the fall 2013 semester beginning July 1.
Meal Plan and BeakerBUCKs selections/changes for the fall 2013 semester will begin April 15th, the 2nd week of advance registration for fall classes. Please read the helpful hints below to see what you need to do in regards to keeping the same plan, changing the plan, how your status can effect your meal plan charge, etc. Please address any questions concerning meal plan charges to the EagleCard Office.
Click Here - Beginning April 15th.
Click Here - For printable PDF of Meal Plan Contract.
A Protect class schedule PAYMENT PLAN must be completed online via your mymoreheadstate portal account for a Meal Plan or BeakerBucks order applied to your student account to be activated for use. MEALS BEGIN AUGUST 16TH.
Consider the following when deciding on a Meal Plan for FALL 2013....
- Did you have a plan for the spring 2013 term and did it suit your needs?
- Want to keep the same plan? Meal charges will be applied beginning July 1st.
*If you were a Fresh and Soph that defaulted to the 100 block required for spring 2013- see below concerning status and other changes... sophomores going to jr status, your auto 100 block charge will not be charged to your fall 2013 student bill. If you wish to participate in the 100 block meal plan you must submit a meal plan order.
*If you were a Jr, Sr, or Grad. during spring 2013 and chose the 100 block plan for spring 2013 - a new meal plan contract must be submitted for fall 2013.
*If you were a Fresh, soph., Jr, Sr, Grad. that chose the 7, 10, 15, 19, 35, 25, 150 for spring 2013 - a new meal plan contract must be submitted for fall 2013. (the 25 and 35 block plans are for commuters only, so if you move back into a residence hall for fall 2013 you will need to select another plan.) NOTICE: Full time residential Freshman and Sophomores under 21 yrs of age will default to the 100 block meal plan if no plan is chosen. (See residence hall info below) Freshman may only choose another meal plan. Sophomores may choose either another meal plan or the Required Dining Club
- Will your schedule dramatically change? (labs, sports, or other activities)
- Will you be going home more or less often on the weekends? This will effect the number of meals needed for the week.
- Will your status change? (sophomore to junior) If so, take into consideration that you are no longer required and will not default to the 100 block meal plan. If you wish to participate in a meal plan or BeakerBUCKs you must submit an order.
- Will you be 21 years of age within the FALL 2013 term? If so, you will not be required to participate even if you have freshman or sophomore status. If you wish to participate in a meal plan or BeakerBUCKs you must submit an order.
- Will you be changing residence halls? Students living at Eagle Lake Apts, Mays Hall, Normal Hall, and the University Farm are not required to participate in the required meal plans but may still choose one of the plans and/or BeakerBUCKs.
- BeakerBUCKs - account balances carry forward BUT we do not automatically recharge you BeakerBUCKs for each semester. A new order will have to be placed for BeakerBUCKs to be added to your fall 2013 student bill.
Meal Calendars - NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. These calendars show dates that dining services locations are open for meal membership usage. Alternate schedules are also included. Schedules and times are subject to change. Please check at Dining Services locations for signs to confirm holiday schedules.
A meal plan is an efficient and easy choice for any student and will offer convenience and flexibility to their dining experience at Morehead State. Meals can be used at all food service locations on campus, excluding StarBUCKs and the P.O.D. Convenience Store in Alumni Tower. Each time you make a purchase your account is reduced by one meal when on a meal plan. Funds for the University's meal plans are accessed using the contactless chip (flyBUY) portion of your EagleCard. All meal plan options come with additional Flex Dollars which can be used for additional purchases at all on-campus food service locations ONLY including StarBUCKs and the P.O.D. Convenience Store in Alumni Tower. Flex Dollars are not accepted at the Bookstore or any of the vending locations. If you use all of the Flex Dollars on your meal plan you have the option to add funds to your EagleCard ID. This amount will be put into the new all-in-one BeakerBUCKs account.