Frequently Asked Questions about the CLPD
What on-campus professional development opportunities are available?
The CLPD provides numerous opportunities including:
- New Faculty Institute - week before fall semester begins
- New Faculty Regional Bus Tour
- President's Leadership Academy (PLA) - every other year
- Fall and Spring Luncheon Series
- Face-to-Face Workshops (often with nationally known speakers)
What off-campus professional development opportunities are available?
The CLPD provides scholarships for faculty and instructional staff to attend in-state conference sponsored by the Kentucky Council of Post-secondary Education. These events have included:
- Student Success Summit
- Kentucky Engagement Conference
- Kentucky Pedagogicon