- A minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA for 30 hours earned at MSU.
- You are eligible as a transfer student with a minimum of 30 hours, if at least 12 hours were earned at MSU, and you have a 2.5 GPA on the work completed at MSU.
- A maximum of 15 hours may be applied toward the total number of hours required for the bachelor’s degree.
- Six hours may be applied toward associate degree requirements.
- The pass-fail option is applicable only to free elective courses.
- Courses required for your area, major, minor, or general education requirements are NOT eligible.
- Each semester you may use the pass-fail option for one course (for any number of hours of credit), or a combination of courses totalling up to three hours.
- Hours earned in pass-fail work are added to your total hours passed but do not affect your GPA.
- Any grade of “D” or above is considered passing and is designated by “K.”
- A failing grade is designated by “N.”
- You may change course registration status from pass-fail to the conventional letter grading system, and vice versa, during the normal period to add a course.
- You cannot transfer hours earned under the pass-fail option into any degree program.
- Your status under the pass-fail option is not identified to instructors.
- Instructors assign a conventional letter grade and the registrar converts the assigned letter grade to a “K” or “N,” as applicable.
- Pass-fail credit may not be applied to a second degree.