Office of University Center and Conference Services Policies:
• All individuals and groups using facilities at Morehead State University must comply with all University policies, local and state laws, ordinances and regulations.
• Groups that misrepresent an event or an affiliation in order to avoid fees and charges will be charged appropriately, may incur additional charges, and may have their reservation privileges suspended. These determinations are made by the Office of University Center and Conference Services.
• Pets are not permitted in MSU facilities. The MSU Eagle Handbook states that it is a violation of University policy to have “an animal, other than those trained and required for service to people with disabilities, in a University-owned facility.”
• We asked those who bring their dogs to walk on campus to respect the grounds, those who care for our facilities and others who enjoy the beauty of our campus by cleaning up and properly disposing of the waste that your pet leaves behind. You are also asked to keep your dog leashed while on campus.
• The burning of candles in MSU facilities is prohibited. Tea light candles floating in water or in votive holders will be permitted. Any organization that violates this policy will be responsible for any damages that may occur due to their negligence and may lose scheduling privileges.
• LED candles are available to be checked out at the front desk of ADUC. Groups must provide their own batteries.
•Paint, spray paint, glitter, confetti, sand, sequins, rice, etc, may NOT be used in MSU facilities. If bird seed is to be used for an event, prior approval must be obtained from the Director of UC/CS.
• Staples, nails, thumb tacks, duct tape, packing tape, masking tape, electrical tape, poster putty or anything that may leave a residue or mark behind are not permitted to be used to hang decorations. If an organization has a question, please contact the University Center staff.
• Please do not affix anything to projection screens or light fixtures.
• Blue painters tape may be used to affix decorations to walls, Pipe and Drape curtains and tables.
• Decorations may only be used in the room reserved.
• Any damages resulting in the removal of decorations or extensive clean up will be billed to the individual/organization sponsoring the event.
• If decorations are made out of latex materials, please let the UC/CS staff know.
• Helium balloons must be tied to solid balloon weights or securely attached to free-standing decorations. Sand weights are not allowed. Balloons may not be taped nor tied to University fixtures, furnishings, equipment or walls.
• All University buildings at Morehead State are smoke-free facilities.
• The UC/CS office will not assume responsibility for outside audiovisual equipment, seminar presenting equipment, etc.
• There will be a charge for use of some AV equipment to be used outside of the University Center. Please check with UC/CS staff for more information.
• Flip charts are not provided by the UC/CS office. Groups wanting flip charts must provide their own. Markers and erasers for the white boards are provided. The UC/CS office requests that red dry erase makers not be used on the white boards.
• AV Equipment that is returned damaged will result in a charge to replace/fix the equipment. Any AV equipment that is not returned will be assessed a replacement fee and will be reported to the MSU Police Department.
Table/ Chair Reservations for Outside use:
• If the event is a large activity on a green space on campus 5 working days are needed in advance to reserve tables and chairs from the Facilities Office.
• Any damage to the tables/ chairs will be charged to the person/organization who requested them.
• Please do not sit on the tables.
Updated: January 2010