Button Auditorium and Button Drill Room Policies
Button Auditorium Button Drill Room
Use of Button Auditorium is available for special event programs (i.e., lectures, presentations, student activity programs). The Auditorium seats 1080 persons with handicapped access and seating. The auditorium seats are stationary.
• All individuals and groups using Button Auditorium/ Drill Room must comply with all University policies, local and state laws, ordinances and regulations.
• Groups that misrepresent an event or an affiliation in order to avoid fees and charges will be charged appropriately, may incur additional charges, and may have their reservation privileges suspended. These determinations are made by the Office of University Center and Conference Services.
• Pets are not permitted in Button Auditorium or Drill room. The MSU Eagle Handbook states that it is a violation of University policy to have “an animal, other than those trained and required for service to people with disabilities, in a University-owned facility.”
• Regular (weekly, biweekly) meetings of student organizations, campus departments, or community groups cannot be reserved as the intention is for special, one-time events. The Auditorium/Drill Room can be requested by a student organization or department at least three (3) business days before an event/program.
• Rental is determined by the policies of the Office of University Center and Conference Services (UC/CS) and subject to change.
• In order to preserve the finish of the Drill Room floor, please do not drag tables or chairs. TABLES AND CHAIRS MUST BE CARRIED!
• Button Auditorium reservations require a minimum guaranteed attendance of 300 persons. Events with less than 300 persons will be charged $65 for the time of the Audio Media Technician. Events with less than 300 persons will only be accommodated if other venues are not available.
• There will be a $10 charge for use of wireless microphones in the auditorium. Any damages to wireless microphones will be billed to the individual/group requesting the equipment.
• Reservations are limited to the space indicated on the reservation form. Due to offices and other activities, please refrain from going into areas of Button that are not designated for your use.
• Student groups/organizations must have an advisor present at the scheduled event/program.
• Smoking and use of smokeless tobacco is not permitted.
• No candles are permitted in Button Auditorium and Drill Room. A recommended alternative is the use of LED candles. LED candles may be checked out from the front desk of the University Center. Groups must supply their own batteries.
• Groups using the auditorium and Drill Room are responsible for leaving the auditorium and Drill Room in the condition that it was accepted. This includes putting trash in the trash cans, removal of gum from chair bottoms, and recycling of paper programs. Cleaning shall be done immediately after the event/program in preparation for the next scheduled event.
• Banners may be hung from the arbors on stage in the Auditorium with prior notification and approval from the UC/CS office. The banner must be provided to the UC/CS office 2 days prior to the event/program and will be removed by UC/CS staff when the event/program is over. Banners may be picked up the next day at the UC/CS office.
• Stage curtains may not be removed or moved without prior approval from the UC/CS office.
• Posters, decorations or other items may not be taped, glued, or pinned, etc to any auditorium wall surfaces, curtains or the stage screen.
• All plans for use of stage, stage decorations, and equipment must be discussed in advance with the UC/CS office.
• Paint, spray paint, glitter, small plastic cutouts, confetti, etc., may not be used on the stage, in the audience or in the Drill Room. Items may not be thrown in the audience during programs/events.
• Duct tape, masking tape, electrical tape, etc. may not be used on the Drill Room floor or the Auditorium stage. Blue painters tape is the only acceptable adhesive allowed to be used in both venues.
• Due to certain allergies, please notify the UC/CS office if products containing latex will be used as a decoration.
• Helium balloons must be tied to solid balloon weights or securely attached to free-standing decorations. Sand weights are not allowed. Balloons may not be taped nor tied to University fixtures, furnishings, equipment or walls.
• The auditorium stage surface is wooden. Decorations/equipment must not scratch the floor.
• Items for the stage must be carried or wheeled rather than pulled or dragged. Groups using the stage are responsible for the condition of the floor and may be assessed charges for damages.
• The auditorium has computer technology, Ethernet connection, a mounted projector, CD, DVD, VHS, etc. The sponsor must plan for audio/video/visual needs in advance of the program with the UC/CS office. Only trained persons can operate this equipment. The appropriate sound level for music will be determined and followed.
• Maximum of 2 tables and 4 chairs may be set out in the lobby area for use. Notification must be given to the UC/CS staff prior to the event/program.
• Tables may not be set out in the aisles of the Auditorium except along the back wall, limit 2.
• The selling of concessions is permitted in the Drill Room and must be approved in advance by filling out a Food Waiver form obtained in the UC/CS office and/or by working with MSU Vending and Concessions. Food and drinks are not permitted in the auditorium.
• Food and drinks are not permitted in the auditorium.
• If special services are required for an event, it will be billed to the sponsoring organization or contact person if notified in advance. This could include staffing, security, audio visual personnel and custodial services.
• Any damages that occur in the Auditorium/Drill Room will be billed to the sponsoring group or individual and may result in loss of scheduling privileges of the Auditorium and Drill room. If damages are present, the Building Supervisor will notify the sponsoring group prior to the event. If there are damages present and the sponsoring organization has not been notified of them in advance, please contact the UC/CS office prior to the event.
• Items may not be delivered to Button Auditorium without making arrangements with the Building Supervisor. The Building Supervisor and UC/CS staff will not be held responsible for the security of these items at any time.
• The Building Supervisor and UC/CS office is not responsible for loss or damage to any materials left in the building preceding, during or following an event.
• Items must be removed immediately following and event unless arrangements are made with the Building Supervisor prior to the event.
• Last minute requests and changes cannot always be accommodated.
Updated: January 2010