Restricted Grants/Contracts Information
The Office of Accounting and Financial Services strives to provide central accounting and financial services for the University and its financial affiliates. Restricted Grants/Contracts or Sponsored Programs, once awarded through Research & Sponsored Programs, are established in Morehead State University's financial systems through the Office of Accounting and Financial Services staff. Restricted Grants/Contracts support the research, instruction and outreach activities of Morehead State University.
The Office of Accounting and Financial Services, Restricted Grants/Contracts Accounting staff is committed to providing efficient and effective financial management services to all University departments and administrative staff in the administration of grants and contracts. We are dedicated to serving faculty, staff, administrators, and external entities by providing relevant financial information that is accurate and timely. We further recognize our obligations to meet all compliance factors and guidelines while acting as prudent, conscientious managers of financial resources for Restricted Grants/Contracts administrators.
Our responsibilities include . . .
- Reviewing proposal budgets for financial accuracy and compliance with university practices.
- Establishing new Restricted Grants/Contracts accounts.
- Enforcing policies and procedures consistent with federal, state, sponsor, and university regulations.
- Payment of financial transactions, making deposits for Restricted Grants/Contracts accounts.
- Preparing and submitting financial reports and invoices.
- Providing assistance to project directors and their personnel.
- Closing out Restricted Grants/Contracts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Summary (Power Point)
Things to Know
Who to Contact